Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Brooklyn Bound? ...and so are the Nets

Jen and I are seriously considering a move to Brooklyn; Park Slope to be specific. A number of friends and colleagues call the neighborhood home, and a recent visit over the weekend (200 5th Ave -- for a delicious brunch) persuaded us even further.

This morning I read that the plans for the Nets arrival to Brooklyn may be an even larger footprint than expected. Then I realized just how close all of this construction is to the neighborhood we would like to inhabit.

Well, we've still got another couple of months to decide (or until I lose my mind commuting back and forth from out east on Long Island).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that area going to be more or less expensive than the place you guys have now?

//k

Brandon Gerena said...

It certainly will be more in rent, but figure in the $230 monthly savings from my LIRR train ticket and selling off one of our cars, it will more than make up the difference!

Unknown said...

Consider me...intrigued

//k