Tuesday, August 16, 2005

BG's MUSIC REVIEW: Andy Guthrie

BG's MUSIC REVIEW: 3 stars (out of 4) listen here

Give this track a listen! Andy has a welcomed grittiness to his voice you might associate with Jack from the White Stripes, yet at times he's as gentle as a Howie Day or Damien Rice. In this track, you can also find a beautiful twist of a well-appointed jazzy piano and a bongo percussion. All of this is held together by Guthrie's sweetly-strummed acoustic guitar (he also performs on piano). All of this can be enjoyed on this lengthy 8-minute+ track, which held my attention the whole way through.

Andy Guthrie will find a permanent place on my iPod. And I'm glad to see he's a local New Yorker - my wife and I might check out one of his Forest Hills gigs on a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: